Saturday, May 2, 2009

Ireland

Grammar Point: Future Tense/ Grammar Assignment: Where would you like to travel? Write a paragraph telling what you WILL or SHALL do on your next vacation.
My one sentence in the present tense for this entire paragraph: I am designing a unit for Ireland and the following describes a trip I’d like to take…here is my wild dream!
One day, I believe I will travel to Ireland. I shall travel to Northern Ireland, part of the United Kingdom, or perhaps Eire, or the Irish Republic, which will include other provinces I’d like to visit. When in Northern Ireland, I’ll need to use the British pound, but when in the Irish Republic, I’ll use the euro to purchase necessities. That means I shall exchange currency twice! Perhaps I’ll budget the trip and do the entire exchange in the States. When I arrive in Ireland, I’ll go walking around in (the safe parts) of Dublin. Perhaps my family will come with me and we shall meet Irish step dancers, like us! One thing I’ll be sure to do is attend a concert in which reels, jigs, and hornpipes are played in traditional Irish fashion. One thing I’ll definitely need on the packing list is an umbrella, because it shall (as it always does), of course, be raining in Ireland. I’ll hopefully be planning the trip soon!

Northern Ireland- the country to the north of the island, containing six provinces
Eire- the Gaelic name for the Irish Republic
Euro- currency of the Irish Republic
Pound- currency of the United Kingdom
Dublin- an Irish city
Hornpipes- a type of Irish dance
Traditional- conventional, expected


1. _________________________is the country that uses the pound, in the northern part of the island of Ireland.
2. The Gaelic name for the Irish Republic is _________________.
3. The monetary currency of the Irish Republic is the ________________.
4. Northern Ireland is the country that uses the currency called______________.
5. One of cities in Ireland is called __________________.
6. Types of Irish dances are reels, _____________, and jigs.
7. I’d like to attend a concert where music is played in ______________Irish fashion.

1 comment:

  1. Molloy has some trips to Ireland. S. Bernadette went on one, and I think Fr. Patrick leads the group.

    ReplyDelete